1 Question: Tell some online brand management tools
Answer: Google Alerts, Technorati, Backtype, Yacktrack
2 Question: What is What do you love ?
Answer: A new service by Google launched on 28th June 2011 (Get more of what you love by searching across numerous Google products with one click)
3 Question: In Google Lore – What are ‘Hilltop’, ‘Florida’, and ‘Big Daddy’?
Answer: Hilltop: An old and often contested algorithm that calculates PageRank based on expert documents and topical relevancy. The theory behind it was to decrease the possibility of manipulation from buying high PR links from off topic pages.
Florida: The highly controversial update implemented by Google in November of 2003, much to the chagrin of many seasonal retail properties.
Big Daddy: A test data center used by Google to preview algorithm changes.
4 Question: What is PAD ? How you can use it for SEO purposes ?
Answer: PAD (Portable Application Description) is xml based file. For SEO, I can use it for my software related website and can submit PAD file to various software related websites like download.com, brothersoft.com, cnet.com etc.
5 Question: What is A/B testing and multivariate testing ?
Answer: Multivariate testing is a process by which more than one component of a website may be tested in a live environment. It can be thought of in simple terms as numerous A/B tests performed on one page at the same time. A/B tests are usually performed to determine the better of two content variations, multivariate testing can theoretically test the effectiveness of limitless combinations.
6 Question: What is Page Segmentation ?
Answer: Page segmentation is all about to track the site visitors like which are the landing pages and exit pages. So that you can have a brief idea that how can you improve exit pages content and design to make it more convenient for the landing user.
7 Question: If you are using blogger (blogspot) in Google webmaster and submitting your sitemap then how much pages will be in sitemap by default ?
8 Question: What is difference between +1 button and +1 project ?
Answer: +1 button is similar to like button for example you can recommend a page to others by +1 button. Nowadays. its showing in Google SERP near to Title. Google + project is social media website similar to Facebook and we can say competitor of Facebook.
9 Question: How you can search a particular keyword from a website ?
Answer: With this operator keyword site:www.websitename.com
10 Question: What is Google Trends ?
Answer: A service by Google where you can find what are the hot searches in all over the world.
11 Question: What does the 302 server response code signify ?
Answer: The page has temporarily moved.
12 Why is the Title so important in SEO?
- Title is the main part of any web site that provides a way to use the element to display the title.
- Title of the web site is the element that is used for the search engines and its positioning in it.
- Title is usually placed in the tag of the HTML and it describes the main title of the website and its purpose.
- It is a descriptive word in 12-15 words and describes the nature of the title that can be optimized according to the search engines.
- Title is a way to describe the website’s aim and it is being shown on the web browsers title bar.
13. When do the Submission appear on the engines?
- Engine and the directory structure for the website are different and it allows the submission to be done using the engine only.
- The submission can take time or it is required to have the instances of the web site to be listed on the search engines.
- Submission can only appear on the engines if it is submitted correctly and it provides better visibility of the request.
- The engines can be added according to the submissions that are taking place and the calculative chances with the sources.
- The engines and directories are put in a queue and add the chance to check the site for the content that is being used.
14 What is function and parts involved in search engine?
- Internet search engines having three parts in which the functions can be performed and they are as follows:
- A spider is also known as crawler or bot, this travels from one page to another page and visits the complete page.
- It represents the page that needs to be searched on the web site and displayed on the search engines.
- It includes the reading of the website using the hyperlinks on all the pages and there is communication that takes place from one page to another.
- Catalog or indexing is being done that is created by the programs that compile the pages being read from the web sites.
- Program that receives the search request and it has its own comparison with the indexing that needs to be done to have the results located.
15. What are the basic actions that can be performed on search engines?
- Search engines use basic components and features to make the result easier for the users.
- It provides three basic actions that can be performed using the search engine and are as follows:
- Gathering of information is being done by the spiders that gather the information and list it down for the crawling by the search engines.
- Analyze the information includes the analyzing of the search engine techniques and the way it is being analyzed with respect to other users.
- Display information includes the result that needs to be displayed to the user and in right way.
16. What is the procedure for the search engine to spider the user’s website?
- Search engine uses spiders to gather the information from the websites and on revisiting it shows the submitted URL for the website.
- The spider that is used with the search engine finds the information and revisits the site when the URL of the site is submitted again.
- After the spider finds the link of the user’s site it specifies the amount of time is being spent from the last visit.
- After looking at the number of websites the spider visits and the resources being utilized by the spider the visits can be calculated.
- It uses the visits and revisits of the user for the user’s site to calculate the exact result for the search engine.
17. What is the use of using keyword prominence?
- Keyword prominence works on the principle of the location of the given keyword in the HTML source code and the web pages.
- It depends on the availability of the word, higher the word in a page more prominence/weight it will have.
- The weight is being assigned by the search engine and the result also comes out on the basis of the keyword prominence.
- The location is also very important of placing of the keywords in the individual HTML tags.
- The tags like , , etc. can be used to contain the keywords that can increase the results according to the user’s point of view.
18. What are the effects on websites using the organic search optimizations?
- Websites are used for optimization purpose to make it faster and secure at the same time optimize it so that it can be user friendly.
- The optimizations bring faster services, good quality of product and good web traffic and customer customization techniques.
- There should be a provision to reach the customers early and in a good way rather than providing the resources to the clients.
- Customers can reward the experience to the products and services used on the websites by making it to work.
- The users are all tied up regarding the time that is being shared with the time that is having no returns.
19. What are the different types of Ethical SEO?
- Ethical SEO provides the standards and search engine functionality to provide the optimization for the websites.
- Ethical SEO provides positioning of the results that is longer lasting and provide frequent changes made in the algorithms.
- This provides a way to optimize the search sites by making it appear on the search engine and promote it using the best techniques.
- This provides a way to legally use the techniques and have the methods to optimize the results in a faster way.
20. What is the purpose of cloaking?
- Cloaking is used by black hat and it is one of the unethical practices in SEO. It uses the devices that provide deceiving mechanism for the search engines.
- This directs the webpage to a place that are not visible on domain and the spiders or crawlers are analyzing for it.
- Cloaking provides the use of false pages that are loaded with the keyword and other content that is search engine optimized.
- This boosts the search engine results to rank the page higher on the search engines and provide artificial methods to advance the ranking of a web page.
- Cloaking only works when it uses CGI scripts in the hidden web page used to scan the IP address of the visitor visiting the web page.
21. What is the function of Cross linking?
- Cross linking is used to refer the process of linking one site to another site and provide a way to allow the accessing to it.
- It doesn’t need to be owned by the same person as it provides the methods that have been be built on the Internet.
- It provides the users with reference sites that consist of the contents similar to the viewing of the site of the document with certain defaults.
- It serves the purpose to display the page on the search engines using search engine optimization techniques and methods.
- The site ranking is calculated on the basis of the relevance of the sites and then it is reflected on the search engine.
- It uses SEO tools that provide reciprocal links and inbound links that can be used as our SEO.
22. What are the guidelines need to be followed to write the SEO?
- SEO uses the cross linking between the two sites that is having other functionalities as follows:
- This allows the site to be unique and having the original content and the site is being evaluated on the basis of the content.
- Use of different IP address can work out as well as use of crawlers that doesn’t get penalized for cross linking.
- Cross linking is not used on every page as it fills the page with other links and puts the link on the same websites using the page.
- Anchor text is used in the cross linking that provides rich keywords and in good length used by the search engine crawlers.
- Link ring shouldn’t be created on sites as search engines will penalize the cross linking of the websites.
Google Panda :
According to Google’s official blog post when Panda launched,
This update is designed to reduce rankings for low-quality sites—sites which are low-value add for users, copy content from other websites or sites that are just not very useful. At the same time, it will provide better rankings for high-quality sites—sites with original content and information such as research, in-depth reports, thoughtful analysis and so on.
Google Penguin :
The Google Penguin Update launched on April 24. According to the Google blog, Penguin is an “important algorithm change targeted at webspam. The change will decrease rankings for sites that we believe are violating Google’s existing quality guidelines.” Google mentions that typical black hat SEO tactics like keyword stuffing (long considered webspam) would get a site in trouble, but less obvious tactics (link incorporating irrelevant outgoing links into a page of content) would also cause Penguin to flag your site. Says Google.
For more detail with every penguin and panda update refer this : http://www.seomoz.org/google-algorithm-change
Reference Links :
If you have any other Q & A which I hasn't mentioned above you cam update the list, with your comment.